Welcome to the KYOKUSHIN KARATE INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR will be held in Glasgow,United Kingdom
Instructor: Saiko Shihan Kazuyuki Hasegawa 8th Dan Japan
About Instructor: Shihan Kazuyuki Hasegawa enrolled at the So-Honbu in Ikebukuro / Tokyo in 1967. He competed in the 1st All Japan Karate Open Tournament and took 3rd Place. Next year he became the Champion of the 2nd All Japan Karate Open Tournament. At that time he scored an ippon for performing a perfectly timed Ashibarai followed by a Gedan Gyaku-tsuki, Shihan Hasegawa’s special technique. Shihan Hasegawa raised several of his students to obtain the same title. Sosai Masutatsu Oyama appointed him as Branch Chief of Tokushima Prefecture in 1971, and a couple years later Sosai also entrusted him Aichi Prefecture. In 1999 Shihan Hasegawa received the Shakai-Bunka-Korosho (Cultural Award of the Community) from the Bunka-Shinkokai (Association of Cultural Development), this was the first time this award was given to a member of the Karate Kai. He is also the author of several Kyokushin Karate books. As Shihan Hasegawa is 8th Dan, he is a Saiko Shihan of the Kyokushinkaikan World Sokyokushin , and at present he is the Chairman of the Board.
Teaching: The seminar will comprise 30% Kihon, Ido and Kata and the remaining 70% will focus on Kumite techniques and Kumite. Shihan Hasegawa has his own Kumite style that he will share with participants, including Gyaku Te techniques and Kuzushi. (Kuzu shi literally breaking a person’s balance of centeredness)
Date: 19th to 20th of April 2014
Saturday and Sunday
10.00 am to 12.00 pm Training
12.00 pm to 12.45 pm Lunch break
12.45 to 3.45 pm Training
Venue: Heart of Scotstoun Community Center
64 Balmoral Street,Glasgow, G14 0BL
Public transport to Scotstoun:
Buses 1A, 1B, 1C and 2,3 from Glasgow City Center
Sayonara Party: There will be a Sayonara Party after the Seminar at 5.30 pm on Sunday 20th April. All are welcome.
Accommodation suggestions:Participants need to book their own accommodation and we encourage you to do this in advance.
The Euro Hostel on Glasgow’s Clyde Street offers dormitory type accommodation from £15 per night. The Premier Inn, on Argyle Street, offers rooms from £29 per night.
Seminar fee: £90.00
Due by March 31st 2014.
Once accepted as a participant, all fees are NOT-REFUNDABLE
Payments: Bank deposit or PayPal
Glasgow United Kingdom
Glasgow is Scotland’s largest city and is renowned for its culture, style and the friendliness of its people. Glasgow offers a blend of internationally-acclaimed museums and galleries, stunning architecture, vibrant nightlife, fantastic shopping and a diverse array of restaurants and bars.Vibrant and energetic, Glasgow enjoys a year-round buzz with an arts scene that regularly produces cutting-edge productions and attracts high-profile exhibitions that led to the city being crowned European City of Culture in 1990.
Glasgow Airports and public transport
Glasgow has two airports. The Glasgow International Airport is the largest airport in Glasgow. The Glasgow Prestwick International Airport is the second airport and is situated to the south west of South Ayrshire.
Glasgow Airport is situated just 8 miles outside of the city centre and is easily accessible from the surrounding motorways and so to and from the whole country.
All public buses depart from the front of the terminal building. Charter coaches pick up and drop off passengers at the short stay coach park on Bute Road, adjacent to international arrivals.
There are frequent services to Glasgow city centre operated by Citylink and Fairline as a combined service 905. All services have drop off points at various locations in the city including close to Glasgow Central and Queen Street railway stations and at Buchanan bus station.
Single fare to the city centre is £4.49 and £6.29 return. Approximate guide to journey time from airport to city centre by bus is 25 minutes. The city centre bus stops have an airport logo on them.
Visa and official invitation: For students needing visa, thank you to understand for United Kingdom lows reasons that we can send official invitation for visa only if we receive: Filled and signed application for the seminar.
Special notice: This is the first time Shihan Hasegawa has visited the UK and places are limited to 80 people on a first come first served basis. Please confirm your place soon to avoid disappointment.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation from Saiko Shihan Hasegawa.
Please contact Sensei Prasanna Fernando or Dojo secretary Jonathan Mendoza by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
DO NOT MISS THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN FROM AND TRAIN DIRECTLY UNDER A LIVING LEGEND OF KYOKUSHIN KARATE! We welcome all Kyokushin groups and styles of knockdown Karate to attend and look forward to see you in Glasgow. Osu!
Kyokushin Karate International Seminar
Please click to download the Seminar Registration form: